The primary mission of the Dayton Police Department is to improve the quality of life in the City of Dayton. To be successful in our mission it requires the commitment of our entire department along with the citizens together as a whole, to maintain peace, provide safety and security for our citizens and reduce the fear of crime and solve problems.
The members of the police department shall reflect professionalism, good ethics, pride and integrity to all citizens and will respect each other and fellow human beings. We believe the authority of federal, state and local laws; and most of all be honest and truthful in all of our interactions with the community and each other. We will uphold the U.S. Constitution together with the community through education, prevention, and enforcement.
About the Department
The City of Dayton Police Department is comprised of 21 sworn Officers and 15 civilian employees. The department is structured in 5 divisions:
- Administration - Chief of Police
- Criminal Investigation Division - Detective Sergeant, 2 Detectives, Warrant Officer
- Patrol Division - Patrol Sergeant, 2 Corporals, Narcotics Investigator, 9 Patrol Officers, 3 Reserve Officers
- Support Services - Communications Supervisor, 8 Dispatchers, 2 Records Clerks
- Animal Control - Animal Control Officer (non-sworn)