The City's waste management supplier is now Frontier Waste Solutions.
Here's what you need to know about your new service.
936.258.9035 *For service or cart inquiries
936-258-2642 *For billing or administrative inquiries
Dayton Once a Week Automated Service FAQ’s
- When will the new service start? New routes and service dates with the new carts begins July 1, 2020.
- Will I have to pay for my new cart? No. Your new bin will be delivered without additional cost. Additional carts are available at an additional cost.
- What is my new service day? Check out the detailed service map. You can also check on the new Frontier Waste App or on the Frontier Waste Solutions website by typing in your address.
- What will happen if my service day falls on a holiday? All of the 2020 holiday changes can be found here. We’ll also keep the Frontier Waste App updated with any holiday or emergency route changes.
- How do these automated trucks work? The automated arm comes out, grabs the cart, and dumps it into the truck without the driver getting out.
- How do I need to set out my cart to be sure it works with the automation? Be sure to place your cart facing the street with the wheels closest to the house. It needs to be at least 4ft from mailboxes, cars, or a second cart. It is also best to bag everything to be sure no loose trash flies out on a windy day.
- Why is Dayton going from twice a week to once? Most cities in Texas have now moved to once a week service. There are many reasons Dayton, Liberty, Beaumont, and other cities are making this change. Cost is the primary factor. Twice a week service is expensive, and the City is no longer able to offer twice a week service without a significant increase to customers. There is also a reduction in emissions from fewer trucks on the road each day.
- Who do I call for service questions? Frontier Waste Solutions: 936-258-9035 – and be sure to mention you are a Dayton resident.
- Who do I call for billing or administrative inquiries? The City of Dayton: 936-258-2642.
- What if I have more trash than can fit into the cart? Sometimes situations arise when you'll have more trash than usual. For the occasional event, you can purchase a pick up of additional bags through a pink tag system. These can be ordered by calling Frontier Waste Solutions at 936-258-9035 or through their mobile app or website and selecting the option for Dayton pink tags. The cost is 75 cents per bag. If you will have additional trash beyond what fits in your cart consistently, you can subscribe to additional cart service for $5.95 a month, per cart rented.
- What should I do with the trash can I have now? This is your property and you can repurpose it in any way you’d like. They work well for feed barrels or placed over plants for protection from frost. If you’d like to dispose of it, you can put it out on the Wednesday bulk trash day. **Please mark clearly “FOR DISPOSAL” so the driver knows you want it hauled away.
- What day are brush and bulk collected?
- Are there any items that I can’t get rid of through regular or bulky trash days? Unacceptable Waste: Any waste, the acceptance and handling of which would cause a violation of any permit, condition, legal or regulatory requirement, substantial damage to equipment or facilities, or present a danger to the health or safety of the public or employees, including, but not limited to, Hazardous Waste, Special Waste, untreated Medical Waste, Construction and Demolition Debris, Dead Animals weighing forty pounds (40lbs) or greater, solid or dissolved material in domestic sewage, or solid or dissolved material in irrigation return flows, or industrial discharges subject to regulation by permit, soil, dirt, rock, sand, and other natural or man-made inert solid materials used to fill land if the object of the fill is to make the land suitable for the construction of surface improvements.
- What about my vegetative waste? This falls under the bulky/brush trash days and will be picked up accordingly based on request and the schedule referred to under bulky.
- What about household hazardous waste? This info will be added soon.